Things to do in Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown provides you easy access to the best things to do in Orlando, including SeaWorld, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and the freaky features of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. Doing a stay-cation? Many of these attractions offer special rates for Florida residents – just ask.
- Universal Studios Orlando - Located 10 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Made up of two separate theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios provides entertainment for the whole family. Whether you’re in the mood for a tour that takes you through movie sets, or wild rides, this park has it all.
- iFLY Orlando - Located 9 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
If you’re seeking thrills while visiting Orlando, try indoor skydiving at iFLY. Safely float above the ground while feeling like you’ve jumped out of an airplane – the ultimate adrenaline rush.
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not - Located 11 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Explore this 10,000sq foot ‘Odditorium’ featuring 16 different galleries of odd artifacts from across the world and throughout time. Free parking at this museum open 365 days a year means you can always visit the unbelievable inhabitants.
- SeaWorld Orlando - Located 13 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Featuring everything under the sea, including whales, dolphins, sharks, penguins and more, SeaWorld brings all our favorite sea creatures together. The park offers a variety of shows during the day as well as interactive opportunities and theme park rides.
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Located 10 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Inside of Universal Studios Orlando lives a magical world that even Muggles can see! Visit all your favorite book and movie characters, drink butterbeer and plan Quidditch at this Harry Potter theme park.
- Orlando Museum of Art - Located 4 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
This art museum curates 10-12 exhibits annually, all aimed at educating the public about a variety of visual art, including local, national, and international pieces. Tours, lectures and gallery visits are available for guests looking to enrich their knowledge of the art world and how it relates to Florida culture.
- Epcot - Located 21 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
All the magic of Disney can be found at Epcot, the heart of Walt Disney World. Explore two different areas, Future World, showing tech innovations, and World Showcase, which highlights the cultures of 11 countries.
- Discovery Cove - Located 14 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Spend a whole day with the dolphins at Discovery Cove, where you can snorkel with tropical fish, hand-feed exotic birds, and interact with dolphins and enjoy a connected water park in an all-inclusive experience.
- Gatorland - Located 14 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Visit thousands of alligators in a safe environment, including rare white alligators, when you explore Gatorland. Ziplining, wrestling and the chance to be a trainer for a day will let you get up close and personal with these creatures, or even come see them at night, while they are the most active.
- Amway Center - Located 1.4 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
See a live show or sporting event at Amway Center, home of the Orlando Magic. This sports and entertainment venue hosts concerts, shows, and family events as well.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts - Located across the street from Aloft Orlando Downtown
This Performing Arts Center hosts numerous shows and events throughout the year.
- Mall at Millenia - Located 6 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Spend all day shopping at this upscale, contemporary, indoor shopping mall.
- Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium - Located 7 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Cheer on your favorite college football team at the Citrus Bowl, or watch the Orlando City SC take on opponents in the Spring.
- Lake Eola Park - Located 0.7 miles from Aloft Orlando Downtown
Visit this family-friendly park featuring a spectacular view of the Orlando skyline. Shop at the Sunday Market, or enjoy multiple festivals held here throughout the year.